Thursday, June 3, 2010

Just words

I don't have any pictures, and would be to lazy to get up and get the camera, and hook it up, and all that. But I did want to post something else I now do all the time. Soak my wheat. And I have a good pancake recipe to share. Soaking the grains (whole wheat flour, oats, etc) in buttermilk, whey, yogurt, kefir, or water and lemon juice starts to break down the grain/wheat. Making it better to eat, easier for the body to get the good stuff out of it, and less hard on the digestive system. The pancakes we have been making are easy, because you can use buttermilk from the grocery store. Unlike the whey - that we have to make from our raw milk. We also have figured out the best combo of flour to use: half Kamut and half Oat flour. The night before you need to mix (in a glass container) 2 cups whole flour 2 cups buttermilk cover it and let it sit on the COUNTER over night. In the morning add 2 eggs 1 t baking soda 1/2 t salt That's it - cook like you could regular pancakes! They are even more healthy if you have them with maple syrup instead of that high-fructose-corn syrup syrup. We love them!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the flip videos!

Cicely said...

Thanks Mekenna! I am gonna give these a try!